Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tortilla Soup

I recently had this soup at our neighborhood Bible Study, and it was AMAZING! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I will for sure be making this now that I have the recipe! This could be an awesome, and inexpensive meal to bring to someone. Give it a try!

TORTILLA SOUP
Serves: 6-8

1 lb ground beef
10 cups chicken broth
1 med onion, chopped
1 29 oz can Pinto Beans
1 28 oz can stewed tomatoes
2 cups Frozen Corn
2 pkgs Taco Seasoning
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
4 med potatoes, chopped
TORTILLA CHIPS

Garnish:
Cilantro, chopped
Shredded Cheese
Sour Cream

Brown Ground Beef, drain off fat. Add remaining ingredients, except tortilla chips and garnish, and simmer until potatoes are tender.

Crush several chips into each person's bowl, ladle in soup, and garnish with chopped cilantro, cheese, and/or sour cream. Serve with while tortilla chips on the side. ENJOY!!!

No comments: