Start the trend where you live. Someone is sure to be expecting, starting to feel lousy, packing boxes, or having their kitchen remodeled ... or you could be next and benefit from your organized "Food Tidings" friends. Great things to add to a meal you deliver to a friend:
- a package of fun napkins to make tired, ill, or new people feel better
- a package of paper plates to spare friends some clean up
- a card with the "menu" written on it
- a package of coffee for a single pot
- a box of tissues or tea, if you're reaching out to a friend with a cold
I was inspired last night as I was at Michael's, looking in their $1 bins for fun things. They had these cute movie night themed napkins and a matching plastic popcorn bowl...wouldn't it be fun to bring a box of candy, a package of microwave popcorn, fun napkins, and a fun bowl for the popcorn? Put that altogether and you have given your friend a movie night along with dinner.
I hope some of these ideas are helpful to you, and make bringing meals to loved ones even more enjoyable. Get creative, and have fun with it! If you come up with any great ideas, please share them with us on our facebook page. We'd love to hear from you!