Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sweet Loving Crockpot

Alright, I'm gonna do a little bragging about my wife's cooking. Like most guys, I enjoy taking several items on my plate and mashing them together to create a hearty pile of goodness that I can essentially shovel into my mouth. I think that is why I love when Lisa uses the crockpot to cook. Just throw a bunch of stuff in there in the morning, add seasonings and spices, and in the words of the RonCo guy, "Set it and...Forget it." By early evening, there is an amazing aroma filling the house, and a wonderful dinner just sitting patiently in the pot ready to be served. Whether it's Sausage and Cabbage (trust me it's great), White Chili, or Beef Curry, it's pure satisfaction.
Lisa found an awesome blog a while back called, "A Year of Slow Cooking." A cool lady named Stephanie O'Dea decided to challenge herself, as her new year's resolution for 2008, to go the entire year using only her crockpot to cook. She dedicated herself to coming up with a new recipe every day for all of 2008. There are so many solid and simple recipes on there. She even got to be on the Rachel Ray show about it. Check it out; you will love what she has come up with.

No comments: