Saturday, September 18, 2010

Adding That Special "Something"

A few weeks ago, I blogged about our friend Julie at Come Have a Peace. She had some amazing ideas for how to add that extra "something" to make the dinner you bring that much more special. It got me thinking, what can I do to make the meal I bring super fun and special? So, the last meal I brought to our friends was my test run.

I used one of Julie's ideas- bringing fun plates and napkins. I decided on the color yellow because when I think of yellow, I think of sunshine, happiness, and cheer. And that's what I wanted our friends to feel when they were eating. I think that changes everything about bringing dinner- fun plates and napkins just really change the "feel" of the dinner.

Then I had found some really awesome things at Michael's on sale. It was a plastic popcorn bowl, matching napkins, and matching coasters.... movie night! So I got some candy, some microwave popcorn, and put it all together nicely. I added this "movie night" with the dinner I brought. I think it all turned out so great! I really enjoyed putting it all together, and I couldn't wait for our friends to receive it.

I hope this helps spark your creativity when thinking of what to bring your friend for dinner that much more special! I loved how Julie from Come Have a Peace said it- it helps to "take a meal from delivering help to delivering help AND happiness." So true!


Here are the fun yellow plates and napkins, wrapped with a beautiful red bow

Here's the "movie night" package I brought along with dinner...
This is what the popcorn bowl looked like from the front...
If you have any ideas, please share with us- you can leave a comment here or you can stop by and visit our facebook page. We'd love to hear from you!

No comments: