Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Feeding a crowd?

Well I have to ditto Lisa's sentiment on meals after a birth. I have four kids and received meals after the last three. When my first child came and I did not receive meals and we ate out a whole lot because I did not have the energy or time to cook. Now I love to make sure that people are getting meals because I know how much it helps.

One easy way to cut down on your cooking time if you are bringing someone a meal is to double or triple the batch of whatever you are cooking so you can just divide it up between your family and whoever else you are cooking for that evening. For example I am bringing 2 families meals on April 14 so I planned tacos with all the fixings. Now I just have to make a little extra and deliver them so it takes less time and my family gets fed too!

No comments: